Monday, August 18, 2014

Stock Portfolio Update, August 18: Stoppin' the Hoppin', Long Everything (FB, PLUG, BRGO, LQMT)

Lionel's Stock Portfolio: What's New?



It's been a precarious couple of months.  Holding in some positions has cost me momentum, but there are a few trades I'm glad I made.  Here's my wrapup of present and recent stocks:

FB: Long, long.  The money's coming in and I'm not budging, even in a personal catastrophe, until 90 a share.  18 shares.

PLUG: Also long.  The company finally turned a profit and I'm holding in expectation that companies like Wal-Mart will provide more business in the long run.  Plus, I bought my second batch at 9 a share.  Boo to that, especially in light of recent severe dips.  Still, bought around 4 in a second batch trading off a small RAD position. 130 shares.

LQMT: A sleeper.  Haven't bothered tracking it since dips under 30 cents. 600 shares.

FLST:  A fun curiosity last year.   The potential's still there but with revenue under six figures, I'm just holding. 500 shares.

PVSP: Supposed to be a penny stock hit.  ZZZ. 1K shares.

BRGO: With a brick and mortar location coming eventually (love the cautiously optimistic PR). 300K shares.

Don't regret selling: 

RAD While still a promising long-term stock to me, short-term events pushed things well down below 8.62.  If I ever get some extra investing money I may pick up again in the mid sixes before it slowly accumulates value again.

NENE The Cheap Investor's pick's supposed to be around $10 "soon".  Glad to have sold from around 2.50 before it started scumming at 1.80.  Nothing against his long-term track record, but a sour start investing in his recommendation.

Do regret selling:

ISIS Beautiful long-term stock and far down from a high of 62.66.  Even a jump to 40 could still turn a large-scale investor a decent profit.

TWO: Just a gorgeous dividend, 10%. I miss it.

Wishlist:

AAPL It split again! Its price is within range of the common man too.  Kicking myself for missing a buy-in opportunity at 92.

WWE Even with a rise to half its previous price of $31.98, I'd be happy buying in today.  The 4.10% dividend isn't bad either.

AWP: A quiet but nicely performing stock.  With automated dividend reinvestment in an account like
BuyandHold, 6.60% paid off 12 times really adds up.

Thanks for reading! What stocks are you watching lately? Feel free to leave a comment!




No comments:

Post a Comment