Wednesday, December 16, 2015

My $1,000,000 Challenge: $91 to $1,000,000

Hey all.  Thanks for visiting.

Going to have a bit of a change in strategy.  I haven't picked up beans for followers for @lionelsstocks, but my @linechamberlain Twitter has started picking up.  Follow me there and I'll let you know when I post here.

Three years ago, my portfolio was $1700.  After taking out some bucks here and there, it's down under $100.

lady with binoculars looking for good stock portfolio ideas
Why I'm upping my stock trading methods past this.


Like it's been said, I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore.

You remember the story about the man who took his donkey and son across a bridge in Greece? Everyone argued and argued about who should be carrying who across.  Ultimately, the man tried to carry the animal on his shoulders, slipped, and dropped it in the water.

That's been my issue with trading.  Long strategy, penny stocks.  I used to be of an opinion that stocks had to be held to grow.  We've put money into dividend stocks paying out 10% yearly.

Have they this year? Yes, absolutely.  But the stock prices have bombed, bombed, bombed the past month.

Sure, they'll come back up, who knows, in a year or two.  Can we get anything out at a profit now? Nope.

I'm sick of it.

I'm also tired of my own trading habits.  I've been a long on penny stocks, with not much success.  The only real thrills I ever got trading were when I sold half my shares of Fuelstream while I was in the bathroom at work in 2013.  A distant second was when I sold 1000 shares of INVT for a $500 profit.  I could have sold for a $9000 profit but I was too optimistic.  I'll never forget how some goober on the stock's profit board advised me not to sell and to wait for some so-called (my blood pressure is already remembering this) "secret sauce PRs".

Secret sauce this.

So, a change is coming.  Time to join the rest of the traders in getting some consistent, realistic gains time after time after time.  I admit that my stocks are a mix of pathetic pennies with only two solid candidates.

However, I am stepping things up in a big way.  I am taking on a series of extra web jobs to raise funds for a disciplined, consistently growing stock portfolio.

Who will help me? I don't know yet.  I will say that Tim Sykes's staff has been phenomenal in helping me get ready for investing, and I am reaching out to any traders who may be able to help me get past the $100 mark for starters and keep it going.  Leave a comment if you'd like to work with me... I'll promote the results you'll bring me, no problems.

Thanks,
Line

No comments:

Post a Comment